51 X 33 X 45."" Dental Unit. "Dr. Alfred's Hydraulic Motor consisting of metal with fabric covered hoses was developed by W. D. Alford. a Dillon. South Carolina dentist. who thought a water driven drill motor would be very useful when electricity was not available in rural areas. The free standing unit uses a water-powered turbine which is operated by a foot control. It is connected to a S.S. White dental chair with a bracket. table. cuspidor and saliva ejector. Dr. Edward Welsh. a professor at the College of Dental Medicine and a consultant for the Macaulay Museum of Dental History has published an article concerning this instrument with illustrations. The article was published in the Journal of the Student Dental Association. Vol. 4. December 1987. pgs. 21-22."
80 x 35 x 40". Dental Unit. "Electric Tri-Dent Dental Set. Freestanding floor dental drill assembly by the Ritter Company. The main stem houses the triple aspirators with a 10 inch diameter milk glass aseptic tray and an eclectic light assembly mounted overhead. One arm contains the motor and drill assembly with a milk glass aseptic table (14 inch diameter).The third arm supports the cuspidor (10 _ inch diameter milk glass) and a milk glass tumbler-holder. The milk glass trays have serrated rims to facilitate easy access to dental instruments and a non-slip edge."
42.5 x 22 x 20"Dental restoration. permanent: Apparatus"Metal dental lathe mounted on a wooden platform with an iron base and foot petal powered wheel that turns and operates on a pulley-system. which in turn moves the lathe."
38.5 x 16 x 16" Dental Unit. Metal Weber basin with a fountain cuspidor that was first produced by John Weber which allowed for water to be flushed away. The outer tank covers an inner tank which holds four gallons of water. A hand pump flushes the milk glass spittoon into a receptacle which can be emptied at a later time.
15 x 40 x 14" Dental Unit. Pelton and Crane 19th century metal dental wall bracket (accordion style) fitted with a milk glass aseptic table with brass rim. Folding metal bracket mounting made it readily moveable to various positions to assist the dentist.
38 x 34 x 52"" Dental Unit. Clear ruby red glass liner and white milk glass aseptic spittoon with removable brass rim. Unit is attached to a S.S. White Dental Chair consisting of an iron base with a red velvet seat and wooden foot stool.
45 x 14 x 14". Suction and drainage. "Air pressure and suction device similar to the Sklars junior apparatus for air pressure and suction. Machine engine is on a stand with three feet and has a clear glass dome covering over the motor assembly. The electrical device was used for all types of aspiration and suction needs in a dental office. Similar illustration found in Winchester Surgical Supplies Company.. 180. 1927."
16 x 9.5 x 7". Water purification. Clear glass still for Novocain administration and accessories. Metal frame with two arms which hold two clear glass distilling tubes to distill liquid. It was used for distilled water to be used with Novocain before the advent of carpules (c. 1935). Set includes two small white glazed stoneware containers with metal wire handles which could be used to dissolve pills for filling syringes with Novocain. A small glass Bunsen burner is also part of the set.
Inhaler-5 x 13.5 x 8 booklet- 8 x 9.75" Gauze- 2.25 x 1.5 x 1" Anesthesia, inhalation: Inhaler/mask: Inhaler. The head unit contains a rubber covered metal mouthpiece, nose cover, exhaling valve, valve containing Somnoform and air, capsule chamber and rubber bag." Device would fit over the head and nose of the patient with the bag sitting behind the head of the patient. Somnoform (60% ethyl chloride, 35% methyl chloride and 5% ethyl bromide) was used to anaesthetize patients during dental surgery. An illustrative booklet came with the set.