Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites
 

Refine Search

Subject
Charleston (S.c) -- Bu... (1059)
Universities and Colle... (1059)
College of Charleston (1059)

Date
n.d (691)
1973 (44)
1975 (42)
1971 (37)
1972 (20)
Show more...

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title Description
101.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
102.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
103.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
104.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
105.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
106.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
107.
George Street
George Street Photograph of 74 George St. Built circa 1837, this three and one half story brick Greek Revival house was shifted several feet to make room for Physician's Auditorium in 1972.
108.
Coming Street
Coming Street 70 Coming St. Built circa 1840 as a private residence. Acquired by the College in 1972.
109.
George Street
George Street Believed to be the interior of 72 George St. during renovation. Built circa 1837, this Greek Revival house was moved 90 degrees to make way for Physicians Auditorium. It has housed faculty offices since 1972.
110.
Marine Resources Library
Marine Resources Library Marine Resources Library, 217 Fort Johnson Rd.
111.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Student at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.
112.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Student at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.
113.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
114.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Dedication of Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd. President Stern stands at the podium.
115.
Marine Resources Library
Marine Resources Library Ceremony at Marine Resources Library/Grice Marine Lab, Fort Johnson.
116.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Dedication of Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd. President Stern and George Grice pictured.
117.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Students at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.
118.
George Street
George Street Photograph of 74 George St. Built circa 1837, this three and one half story brick Greek Revival house was shifted several feet to make room for Physician's Auditorium in 1972.
119.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Student at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.
120.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Students at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.