On back of photograph: "Recitation room of Lewis R. Gibbes In College of Charleston, Charleston, S.C. 1838-1892." The 1892 date is crossed through with pencil and written below it is: "1886 (when altered due to earthquake damage)."
Governor William Aiken House, 10 Green Way. Built by Aiken in 1841 as a rental unit. Renovated by the college in 1971-1972. Its twin at 8 Green Way was demolished to make room for the Robert Scott Small library. Black and white, 20 1/2x25 cm.
Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.