Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites
 

Refine Search

Subject
Charleston (S.c) -- Bu... (1059)
Universities and Colle... (1059)
College of Charleston (1059)

Date
n.d (691)
1973 (44)
1975 (42)
1971 (37)
1972 (20)
Show more...

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title Description
181.
Physicians Memorial Auditorium
Physicians Memorial Auditorium Dedication ceremony for Physicians Memorial Auditorium. Adjoining the Science Center, Physicians Auditorium was built in 1974. President Theodore Stern stands at the podium.
182.
Physicians Memorial Auditorium
Physicians Memorial Auditorium Dedication ceremony for Physicians Memorial Auditorium. Adjoining the Science Center, Physicians Auditorium was built in 1974. President Theodore Stern stands at the podium.
183.
Physicians Memorial Auditorium
Physicians Memorial Auditorium Participants at the dedication ceremony for Physicians Memorial Auditorium. Adjoining the Science Center, Physicians Auditorium was built in 1974.
184.
Physicians Memorial Auditorium
Physicians Memorial Auditorium Physicians Memorial Auditorium, adjoining the Science Center. Built 1974.
185.
Physicians Memorial Auditorium
Physicians Memorial Auditorium Architectural sketch of east elevation of Physicians Auditorium adjoining the Science Center.
186.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House Interior of the President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
187.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian. Color postcard.
188.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
189.
Maybank Hall
Maybank Hall Burnett Rhett Maybank Hall, 171 Calhoun St. Maybank Hall, situated on the College Mall across from the Robert Scott Small Building, was built in 1974 as the main classroom facility on the College campus.
190.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
191.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Gate at Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
192.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
193.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Porters Lodge, 66 George St., looking south from Cistern. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
194.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
195.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
196.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House Interior of the President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
197.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
198.
Maybank Hall
Maybank Hall Burnett Rhett Maybank Hall, 171 Calhoun St., during construction. Maybank Hall, situated on the College Mall across from the Robert Scott Small Building, was built in 1974 as the main classroom facility on the College campus.
199.
Aiken House
Aiken House Governor William Aiken House, 10 Green Way. Built by Aiken in 1841 as a rental unit. Renovated by the College in 1971-1972. Its twin at 8 Green Way was demolished to make room for the Robert Scott Small library. Black and white, 13x18 cm.
200.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.