Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites
 

Refine Search

Subject
Charleston (S.c) -- Bu... (1059)
Universities and Colle... (1059)
College of Charleston (1059)

Date
n.d (691)
1973 (44)
1975 (42)
1971 (37)
1972 (20)
Show more...

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title Description
161.
Science Center
Science Center Construction of the Rita Liddy Hollings Science Center, 58 Coming St., from the Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. The Science Center was completed in 1974 with an addition added in 1987.
162.
Maybank Hall
Maybank Hall Burnett Rhett Maybank Hall, 171 Calhoun St., during construction. Maybank Hall, situated on the College Mall across from the Robert Scott Small Building, was built in 1974 as the main classroom facility on the College campus.
163.
Stern Student Center
Stern Student Center Construction site of the Theodore S. Stern Student Center, 71 George St., looking towards Glebe St. Finished in 1975, the Stern Center was named after Dr. Stern who, as president, ushered the College into the modern era by increasing enrollment and purchasing much of the property that makes up the College today.
164.
Coming Street
Coming Street View of Coming St. looking north towards Calhoun. 70 and 72 Calhoun St. on right. Construction of Central Energy building can be seen at middle right.
165.
Science Center
Science Center Construction of the Rita Liddy Hollings Science Center, 58 Coming St. The Science Center was completed in 1974 with an addition added in 1987. Clauss House at 5 College Way, built circa 1830 by Abiel Bolles, in background.
166.
Maybank Hall
Maybank Hall Burnett Rhett Maybank Hall, 171 Calhoun St., during construction. Maybank Hall, situated on the College Mall across from the Robert Scott Small Building, was built in 1974 as the main classroom facility on the College campus.
167.
Glebe Street
Glebe Street 22 Glebe St. Built in 1905 as a private residence and acquired by the College in 1971.
168.
Kennedy House
Kennedy House Kennedy House, 26 Glebe St. Built in 1887 as a private residence. Acquired by the College in 1961 from Mrs. E. E. Towell, wife of Dr. Edward Emerson Towell, a former professor, acting president and namesake of Towell Library.
169.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
170.
George Street
George Street Photograph of 74 George St. Built circa 1837, this three and one half story brick Greek Revival house was shifted several feet to make room for Physician's Auditorium in 1972.
171.
Thompson-Muller House
Thompson-Muller House Thompson-Muller House, 20 Glebe St., from construction lot of the Stern Student Center. Considered the house that "broke the glebe" of St. Philip's Episcopal church. Built circa 1846 and purchased by the College in 1971 from the Muller family, direct descendents of Mrs. Christiana Durkopp Kruse who originally purchased the lot.
172.
Thompson-Muller House
Thompson-Muller House Thompson-Muller House, 20 Glebe St., far left. Considered the house that "broke the glebe" of St. Philip's Episcopal church. Built circa 1846 and purchased by the College in 1971 from the Muller family, direct descendents of Mrs. Christiana Durkopp Kruse who originally purchased the lot.
173.
Thompson-Muller House
Thompson-Muller House Thompson-Muller House, 20 Glebe St. Considered the house that "broke the glebe" of St. Philip's Episcopal church. Built circa 1846 and purchased by the College in 1971 from the Muller family, direct descendents of Mrs. Christiana Durkopp Kruse who originally purchased the lot.
174.
Thompson-Muller House
Thompson-Muller House Thompson-Muller House, 20 Glebe St. Considered the house that "broke the glebe" of St. Philip's Episcopal church. Built circa 1846 and purchased by the College in 1971 from the Muller family, direct descendents of Mrs. Christiana Durkopp Kruse who originally purchased the lot.
175.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
176.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
177.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
178.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
179.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
180.
Maybank Hall
Maybank Hall Burnett Rhett Maybank Hall, 171 Calhoun St., during construction. Maybank Hall, situated on the College Mall across from the Robert Scott Small Building, was built in 1974 as the main classroom facility on the College campus.