Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites
 

Refine Search

Subject
Charleston (S.c) -- Bu... (1059)
Universities and Colle... (1059)
College of Charleston (1059)

Date
n.d (691)
1973 (44)
1975 (42)
1971 (37)
1972 (20)
Show more...

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title Description
81.
Hornik Gate
Hornik Gate Photograph of Hornik Gate at the College of Charleston.
82.
George Street
George Street 74 George St. prior to being shifted 23 feet to make room for Physician's Auditorium in 1972. Built circa 1837.
83.
J.C. Long
J.C. Long J.C. Long Building, 9 Liberty St. Built in 1970 to house the Southern Bell Company. Purchased by the College from Charles S. Way in 1986.
84.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Cornerstone of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
85.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Exterior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
86.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Cornerstone of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
87.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Cornerstone of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
88.
Johnson Center
Johnson Center F. Mitchell Johnson Physical Education Center, 28 George St. Built in 1985, the Johnson Center hosted the College of Charleston basketball teams until 2007.
89.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
90.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Interior of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
91.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Interior of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
92.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Interior of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985. Picture of Uldene Hill is glued to photo so that it looks as if she is sitting on top of the basketball goal.
93.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Interior of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
94.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Exterior of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
95.
Jonas Beard House
Jonas Beard House Jonas Beard House, 114 Wentworth St. Built circa 1805 by Jonas Beard on glebe land leased from St. Philip's Church. The College acquired the house in 1975 from the grocery store proprietors who owned the property. The corner entrance was moved to the center of the structure during renovations.
96.
George Street
George Street Photograph of 72 George St. Built circa 1837, this Greek Revival house was moved 90 degrees to make way for Physicians Auditorium. It has housed faculty offices since 1972.
97.
George Street
George Street 72 George St. during renovation. Built circa 1837, this Greek Revival house was moved 90 degrees to make way for Physicians Auditorium. It has housed faculty offices since 1972.
98.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
99.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
100.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964. 70 Coming St. on left.