Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites
 

Refine Search

Subject
Charleston (S.c) -- Bu... (1059)
Universities and Colle... (1059)
College of Charleston (1059)

Date
n.d (691)
1973 (44)
1975 (42)
1971 (37)
1972 (20)
Show more...

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title Description
161.
George Street
George Street Photograph of 74 George St. Built circa 1837, this three and one half story brick Greek Revival house was shifted several feet to make room for Physician's Auditorium in 1972.
162.
Thompson-Muller House
Thompson-Muller House Thompson-Muller House, 20 Glebe St., from construction lot of the Stern Student Center. Considered the house that "broke the glebe" of St. Philip's Episcopal church. Built circa 1846 and purchased by the College in 1971 from the Muller family, direct descendents of Mrs. Christiana Durkopp Kruse who originally purchased the lot.
163.
Thompson-Muller House
Thompson-Muller House Thompson-Muller House, 20 Glebe St., far left. Considered the house that "broke the glebe" of St. Philip's Episcopal church. Built circa 1846 and purchased by the College in 1971 from the Muller family, direct descendents of Mrs. Christiana Durkopp Kruse who originally purchased the lot.
164.
Thompson-Muller House
Thompson-Muller House Thompson-Muller House, 20 Glebe St. Considered the house that "broke the glebe" of St. Philip's Episcopal church. Built circa 1846 and purchased by the College in 1971 from the Muller family, direct descendents of Mrs. Christiana Durkopp Kruse who originally purchased the lot.
165.
Thompson-Muller House
Thompson-Muller House Thompson-Muller House, 20 Glebe St. Considered the house that "broke the glebe" of St. Philip's Episcopal church. Built circa 1846 and purchased by the College in 1971 from the Muller family, direct descendents of Mrs. Christiana Durkopp Kruse who originally purchased the lot.
166.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
167.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
168.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
169.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
170.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
171.
Maybank Hall
Maybank Hall Burnett Rhett Maybank Hall, 171 Calhoun St., during construction. Maybank Hall, situated on the College Mall across from the Robert Scott Small Building, was built in 1974 as the main classroom facility on the College campus.
172.
Early Childhood Development Center
Early Childhood Development Center Early Childhood Development Center, 91-93 Wentworth St. This commercial building was acquired by the college in 1974.
173.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House Interior of the President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
174.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
175.
Maybank Hall
Maybank Hall Burnett Rhett Maybank Hall, 171 Calhoun St., during construction. Maybank Hall, situated on the College Mall across from the Robert Scott Small Building, was built in 1974 as the main classroom facility on the College campus. Two photographs are pieced together to form a panorama.
176.
Campus
Campus Aerial view of campus showing construction of Maybank Hall lower right. Maybank Hall, situated on the College Mall across from the Robert Scott Small Building, was built in 1974 as the main classroom facility on the College campus.
177.
Physicians Memorial Auditorium
Physicians Memorial Auditorium Dedication ceremony for Physicians Memorial Auditorium. Adjoining the Science Center, Physicians Auditorium was built in 1974.
178.
Physicians Memorial Auditorium
Physicians Memorial Auditorium Dedication ceremony for Physicians Memorial Auditorium. Adjoining the Science Center, Physicians Auditorium was built in 1974.
179.
Physicians Memorial Auditorium
Physicians Memorial Auditorium Dedication ceremony for Physicians Memorial Auditorium. Adjoining the Science Center, Physicians Auditorium was built in 1974. President Theodore Stern stands at the podium.
180.
Physicians Memorial Auditorium
Physicians Memorial Auditorium Dedication ceremony for Physicians Memorial Auditorium. Adjoining the Science Center, Physicians Auditorium was built in 1974. President Theodore Stern stands at the podium.