3.5x1.25x1.25". Drug packaging: Container: Bottle. Clear glass bottle with no stopper, marked "Cannon Street Pharmacy, E.A. Deming & Co., Props., Charleston, South Carolina". The lip of the bottle is chipped and slight patina is present.; Waring Historical Library Artifact Collection
0.25 x 16.5 x 14". Iron plaque with shield-like shape that reads, "School of Pharmacy 4th Floor". This plaque was used while the College of Pharmacy was still considered a "school". Commemorative and association items.
9x4.5x3.75. Drug Packaging:Container:Box and packet. "Green "Lobelia" Botanical Drug tin from the manufacturer. Parke-Davis. Displayed on the sides are pictures of Detroit factory on the front. Canadian Laboratory on the proper right side. and the New York Office on the proper left. These colorful tins were used to advertise the drug manufacturers of the time."
83 x 74 x 26". Interior Design and Furnishings:Counter. Large wooden counter used during the process of filling prescriptions, complete with shelves, drawers, and work space all displaying pharmacy equipment. Hanging from the top portion are stacks of old paper prescriptions.
30 x 12 x 12". Interior Design and Furnishings:Show globe. Metal chain holding a clear glass vessel with glass stopper and filled with yellow liquid. Originating in England in the late 1500's, the show globe was used as a symbol of the Apothecary's Shop. It was later used as an advertisement of the American Pharmacy.
3.5x6.5x6.5. 1.5x8.25x1.25.Drug Compounding:Mortar and pestle."Large wedgewood mortar and pestle. with a wooden handled pestle. Eighteenth century pharmacists changed from using brass mortar and pestles in the compounding of medications because the containers produced tiny flakes of metal in the prescriptions. Josiah Wedgwood produced his mortar in 1779. Wedgwood mortars and wooden pestles became very popular."