Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites
 

Refine Search

Date
n.d (691)
1973 (44)
1975 (42)
1971 (37)
1972 (20)
Show more...

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title Description
1.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Exterior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
2.
George Street
George Street Photograph of 72 George St. Built circa 1837, this Greek Revival house was moved 90 degrees to make way for Physicians Auditorium. It has housed faculty offices since 1972.
3.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
4.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Front view of Randolph Hall and the cistern.
5.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Front view of Randolph Hall and the cistern.
6.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall View of Randolph Hall through the gates on St. Philip St.
7.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall View of Randolph Hall through the fence along St. Philip St.
8.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall View of Randolph Hall through the fence along College Way. Towell Library on left.
9.
College Mall
College Mall Photograph of College Mall looking towards Randolph Hall.
10.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Photograph of rear portico of Randolph Hall from the College Mall.
11.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Front view of Randolph Hall and the cistern.
12.
College Way
College Way Photograph of College Way at George St. Front portico of Randolph Hall visible in right rear.
13.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Photograph of tower on east wing of Randolph Hall from St. Philip St.
14.
Green Way
Green Way 4 Green Way. Built circa 1817, restored 1972. Alternately used as a dormitory and faculty offices through the years, it is affectionately referred to as the "shack." It served as the first dormitory for women at the College in 1960.
15.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall View of Randolph Hall and the cistern through Porters Lodge.
16.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Photograph of snow and ice on the cistern yard. Randolph Hall in background.
17.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall View of Randolph Hall and the cistern through Porters Lodge.
18.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Photograph of snow and ice on the cistern yard. Randolph Hall in background.
19.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Photograph of snow on the cistern yard. Randolph Hall in background.
20.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Photograph of architect William Strickland's sketch of main central portion of Randolph Hall. This is the view of Randolph Hall when originally built, before the addition of wings and porticos.