0.75x4.25x2.25". Ophthalmoscopy: Ophthalmoscope."Black leather covered wood case with exterior that reads."Dr. Loring's Ophthalmoscope" and an interior lined with brown velvet. The ophthalmoscope has an ebony handle and is made of metal with glass lenses. The interior reads."To Dr. John L. Dawson. Jr. Prize. PROF. PARKER'S OPHTHALMIC CLINIC. Medical College. State of So. Ca. March 5. 1881" Rubbing away of interior and exterior present."
38.5 x 16 x 16" Dental Unit. Metal Weber basin with a fountain cuspidor that was first produced by John Weber which allowed for water to be flushed away. The outer tank covers an inner tank which holds four gallons of water. A hand pump flushes the milk glass spittoon into a receptacle which can be emptied at a later time.
Glass bottles housed in wood chest with brass handles housing empty glass medicine bottles with glass stoppers and two drawers filled with a brass pocket scale, glass mortar and pestle, and various glass medicine bottles.
1.75 x 12.5 x 6" Dilation: Speculum: Rectal: Proctoscope. Stainless steel speculum with two parts. The outer part is shaped like a gun with a handle and a straight cavity where the second part, that is a rod with a rounded end, can be inserted.
8.5 x 7 x 4.5" Commemorative and association items. Silver trophy with a large handle on either side. Inter-Society Trophy 1925-1929, Medical College of the State of South Carolina, awarded to either the J. Marion Sims Society or the John L. Dawson Clinical Society from 1925 to 1929.
Shield-1 x 2 x 2" Top of box-0.625 x 2.5 x 2.5" Bottom of box-1.5 x 2.5 x 2." Breast feeding: Nipple shield. Lead nipple shields housed in a red paper box and used for the prevention and cure of sore nipples by placing the shield over the nipple during times of rest. Only one of the two shields is still intact with the remains housed in the original box and the surviving shield displaying loss at the top and sides.