Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites
 

Refine Search

Subject
Charleston (S.c) -- Bu... (691)
Universities and Colle... (691)
College of Charleston (691)

Date
n.d (691)

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title Description
181.
Glebe Street
Glebe Street Photograph of 9 Glebe St. prior to restoration. Built circa 1854.
182.
Pi Kappa Phi Memorial Gate
Pi Kappa Phi Memorial Gate Pi Kappa Phi Memorial Gate at western entrance into the Cistern between Randolph Hall and Towell Library. Gate dedicated in 1929.
183.
Pi Kappa Phi Memorial Gate
Pi Kappa Phi Memorial Gate Pi Kappa Phi Memorial Gate at western entrance into the Cistern between Randolph Hall and Towell Library. Gate dedicated in 1929.
184.
Pi Kappa Phi Memorial Gate
Pi Kappa Phi Memorial Gate Pi Kappa Phi Memorial Gate at western entrance into the Cistern between Randolph Hall and Towell Library. Gate dedicated in 1929.
185.
Pi Kappa Phi Memorial Gate
Pi Kappa Phi Memorial Gate Pi Kappa Phi Memorial Gate at western entrance into the Cistern between Randolph Hall and Towell Library. Gate dedicated in 1929.
186.
Science Center
Science Center Rita Liddy Hollings Science Center, 58 Coming St. The Science Center was completed in 1974 with an addition added in 1987.
187.
College Way
College Way View down College Way looking north. Physicians Auditorium on left, Towell Library on right. 5, 7, and 9 College Way visible in background.
188.
Cistern
Cistern View across the Cistern Yard towards Physicians Auditorium.
189.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
190.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
191.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
192.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
193.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
194.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
195.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
196.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Carriage house at the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
197.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Exterior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
198.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Rear facade of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St, with porches missing. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
199.
Early Childhood Development Center
Early Childhood Development Center Early Childhood Development Center, 91-93 Wentworth St. This commercial building was acquired by the college in 1974.
200.
Glebe Street
Glebe Street Photograph of 11 Glebe St. Built circa 1854 and acquired by the College in 1973.