Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites
 

Refine Search

Subject
Charleston (S.c) -- Bu... (691)
Universities and Colle... (691)
College of Charleston (691)

Date
n.d (691)

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title Description
101.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Students at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.
102.
George Street
George Street Photograph of 74 George St. Built circa 1837, this three and one half story brick Greek Revival house was shifted several feet to make room for Physician's Auditorium in 1972.
103.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Student at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.
104.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Students at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.
105.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Students at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.
106.
George Street
George Street Believed to be the interior of 72 George St. during renovation. Built circa 1837, this Greek Revival house was moved 90 degrees to make way for Physicians Auditorium. It has housed faculty offices since 1972.
107.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Students at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.
108.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Students at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.
109.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
110.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Students at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.
111.
Grice Marine Lab
Grice Marine Lab Students at Grice Marine Lab, 205 Fort Johnson Rd.
112.
George Street
George Street Believed to be the interior of 72 George St. during renovation. Built circa 1837, this Greek Revival house was moved 90 degrees to make way for Physicians Auditorium. It has housed faculty offices since 1972.
113.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Exterior of Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
114.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
115.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Interior of Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
116.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Interior of Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
117.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Interior of Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
118.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Interior of Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
119.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
120.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.