Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites
 

Refine Search

Subject
Charleston (S.c) -- Bu... (691)
Universities and Colle... (691)
College of Charleston (691)

Date
n.d (691)

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: ▲ Title Description
1.
Abiel Bolles House
Abiel Bolles House Photograph of Bolles House, 7 College Way, built circa 1835. Abiel Bolles opened a female academy on property at 5 College Way and later built 7 and 9 College Way as the school expanded. The College acquired the residences in 1971.
2.
Abiel Bolles House
Abiel Bolles House Photograph of Bolles House, 7 College Way, built circa 1835. Abiel Bolles opened a female academy on property at 5 College Way and later built 7 and 9 College Way as the school expanded. The College acquired the residences in 1971.
3.
Abiel Bolles House
Abiel Bolles House Photograph of Bolles House, 7 College Way, built circa 1835. Abiel Bolles opened a female academy on property at 5 College Way and later built 7 and 9 College Way as the school expanded. The College acquired the residences in 1971.
4.
Abiel Bolles House
Abiel Bolles House Bolles House, 7 College Way, built circa 1835. Abiel Bolles opened a female academy on property at 5 College Way and later built 7 and 9 College Way as the school expanded. The College acquired the residences in 1971.
5.
Aiken House
Aiken House Governor William Aiken House, 10 Green Way. Built by Aiken in 1841 as a rental unit. Renovated by the College in 1971-1972. Its twin at 8 Green Way was demolished to make room for the Robert Scott Small library. Black and white, 13x18 cm.
6.
Aiken House
Aiken House Governor William Aiken House, 10 Green Way. Built by Aiken in 1841 as a rental unit. Renovated by the college in 1971-1972. Its twin at 8 Green Way was demolished to make room for the Robert Scott Small library. Black and white, 12 1/2x17 cm.
7.
Ball Park
Ball Park The College of Charleston's old ball park at Hampton Park. Black and white, 11x20cm.
8.
Barnard Elliott House
Barnard Elliott House Barnard Elliott House, 58 George St. Built in 1803 by planter Barnard Elliott. Purchased by the College in 1971 and restored by Albert Simons. Currently houses the John M. Rivers Communications Museum. Color, 17 1/2x12 1/2 cm.
9.
Barnard Elliott House
Barnard Elliott House Barnard Elliott House, 58 George St. Built in 1803 by planter Barnard Elliott. Purchased by the College in 1971 and restored by Albert Simons. Currently houses the John M. Rivers Communications Museum. Color, 9 1/2x9 cm.
10.
Barnard Elliott House
Barnard Elliott House Barnard Elliott House, 58 George St. Built in 1803 by planter Barnard Elliott. Purchased by the College in 1971 and restored by Albert Simons. Currently houses the John M. Rivers Communications Museum.
11.
Berry Hall
Berry Hall Artist's rendition of Joe E. Berry Jr. Residence Hall, 80 St. Philip Street, constructed in 1988.
12.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
13.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
14.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Exterior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
15.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
16.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
17.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Exterior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
18.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
19.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
20.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.