Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites
 

Refine Search

Subject
Charleston (S.c) -- Bu... (325)
Universities and Colle... (325)
College of Charleston (325)

Date
n.d (210)
1975 (16)
1971 (14)
1973 (13)
1965 (11)
Show more...

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title Description
1.
Rivers House
Rivers House William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971. Photograph appears to show demolition of rear portion of house.
2.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Carriage house at the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
3.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Carriage house at the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
4.
Rivers House
Rivers House William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971.
5.
Rivers House
Rivers House William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St. Building visible on left removed during construction of the Stern Student Center. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971.
6.
Rivers House
Rivers House William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St, with newly constructed Stern Student Center visible in background. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971.
7.
Rivers House
Rivers House William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St, with newly constructed Stern Student Center visible on left. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971.
8.
Rivers House
Rivers House William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971.
9.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Exterior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
10.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
11.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
12.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
13.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Exterior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
14.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
15.
Jonas Beard House
Jonas Beard House Jonas Beard House, 114 Wentworth St. Built circa 1805 by Jonas Beard on glebe land leased from St. Philip's Church. The College acquired the house in 1975 from the grocery store proprietors who owned the property. The corner entrance was moved to the center of the structure during renovations.
16.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
17.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
18.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
19.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
20.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.