Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites
 

Refine Search

Subject
Charleston (S.c) -- Bu... (53)
Universities and Colle... (53)
College of Charleston (53)

Date
1975 (42)
1974 (5)
n.d (4)
1973-1974 (1)
1987 (1)

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title ▲ Description
1.
Coming Street
Coming Street 28 Coming St. Built circa 1835 as a private residence and acquired by the college in 1974, it is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St.
2.
Coming Street
Coming Street 34 Coming St. Built circa 1776 by vintner Thomas Harvey, it is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St.
3.
Green Way
Green Way 4 Green Way. Built circa 1817, restored 1972. Alternately used as a dormitory and faculty offices through the years, it is affectionately referred to as the "shack." It served as the first dormitory for women at the College in 1960.
4.
Coming Street
Coming Street 43 Coming St. Built circa 1800 and used at various times by the College as a fraternity and student residence.
5.
Coming Street
Coming Street 59 Coming St., built circa 1879. This former corner grocery now houses faculty offices.
6.
Coming Street
Coming Street 70 Coming St. Built circa 1840 as a private residence. Acquired by the College in 1972.
7.
Barnard Elliott House
Barnard Elliott House Barnard Elliott House, 58 George St. Built in 1803 by planter Barnard Elliott. Purchased by the College in 1971 and restored by Albert Simons. Currently houses the John M. Rivers Communications Museum. Color, 9x13 cm.
8.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Close-up of front portico of Randolph Hall.
9.
Stern Student Center
Stern Student Center Construction site of the Theodore S. Stern Student Center, 71 George St., looking towards Coming St. Finished in 1975, the Stern Center was named after Dr. Stern who, as president, ushered the College into the modern era by increasing enrollment and purchasing much of the property that makes up the College today.
10.
Stern Student Center
Stern Student Center Construction site of the Theodore S. Stern Student Center, 71 George St., looking towards Glebe St. Finished in 1975, the Stern Center was named after Dr. Stern who, as president, ushered the College into the modern era by increasing enrollment and purchasing much of the property that makes up the College today.
11.
Stern Student Center
Stern Student Center Construction site of the Theodore S. Stern Student Center, 71 George St., looking towards Glebe St. Finished in 1975, the Stern Center was named after Dr. Stern who, as president, ushered the College into the modern era by increasing enrollment and purchasing much of the property that makes up the College today.
12.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Exterior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
13.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Exterior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
14.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Fisheye view looking up at front portico of Randolph Hall.
15.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Fisheye view of Porters Lodge and the cistern yard.
16.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Fisheye view of Randolph Hall and the cistern.
17.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Front view of Randolph Hall and the cistern.
18.
Aiken House
Aiken House Governor William Aiken House, 10 Green Way. Built by Aiken in 1841 as a rental unit. Renovated by the College in 1971-1972. Its twin at 8 Green Way was demolished to make room for the Robert Scott Small library.
19.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Interior view of Harrison Randolph Hall during restoration.
20.
Jonas Beard House
Jonas Beard House Jonas Beard House, 114 Wentworth St. Built circa 1805 by Jonas Beard on glebe land leased from St. Philip's Church. The College acquired the house in 1975 from the grocery store proprietors who owned the property. The corner entrance was moved to the center of the structure during renovations.