Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites
 

Refine Search

Subject
Charleston (S.c) -- Bu... (69)
Universities and Colle... (69)
College of Charleston (69)

Date
n.d (49)
1970 (7)
1972 (5)
1966 (2)
1975 (1)
Show more...

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title Description
1.
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm Photograph of students sitting and talking outside of Craig Union Dorm, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.
2.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Interior of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St., during a Judicial Council meeting. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
3.
J.C. Long
J.C. Long J.C. Long Building, 9 Liberty St. Built in 1970 to house the Southern Bell Company. Purchased by the College from Charles S. Way in 1986.
4.
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm The terrace at Craig Cafeteria, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.
5.
Campus
Campus Photograph of an architect's model of the proposed college of Charleston campus. Calhoun St. in foreground.
6.
Robert Scott Small Library
Robert Scott Small Library Photograph of students studying inside the library during a summer session. The Robert Scott Small Library, dedicated 1972, was one of the first academic buildings constructed during the major expansion of the 1970's. Wings were added in 1975.
7.
Lucas House
Lucas House Benjamin Lucas House, 24 Bull St., built circa 1858. House acquired by the College in the 1970's and converted into student residences.
8.
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm Photograph of students sitting and talking outside of Craig Union Dorm, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.
9.
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm Photograph of students sitting and talking outside of Craig Union Dorm, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.
10.
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm Exterior view of Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.
11.
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm Photograph of students sitting and talking outside of Craig Union Dorm, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.
12.
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm Photograph of students outside of Craig Union Dorm, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.
13.
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm Exterior view of Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.
14.
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm Exterior view of Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.
15.
Bookstore
Bookstore Interior of former college bookstore, 181 Calhoun Street, built in 1965. The building currently houses Student Health Services.
16.
Lucas House
Lucas House Benjamin Lucas House, 24 Bull St., built circa 1858. House acquired by the College in the 1970's and converted into student residences.
17.
Lucas House
Lucas House Benjamin Lucas House, 24 Bull St., built circa 1858. House acquired by the College in the 1970's and converted into student residences.
18.
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm Photograph of a student inside Craig Cafeteria, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.
19.
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm The terrace at Craig Cafeteria, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.
20.
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm
Craig Residence Hall and Union Dorm Photograph of a student inside Craig Cafeteria, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.