0.25 x 6 x 0.5. boxed- 0.75 x 6.25 x 0.75. Cutting tool:Knife:Ophthalmic. "Steel knife with satin finish handle and a sharp. thin diamond shaped tip. The instrument has rust present on the metal and housed in a cream colored cardboard box."
0.125 x 0.5 x 0.5, 0.25 x 0.375 x 0.375". Commemorative and association items. Two lapel pins. XI PSI PHI-Dental fraternity was established in 1889 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Small gold lapel pin with black enameled shield with gold logo. Pin is set with blue opals. PHI Epsilon PI-social fraternity small gold lapel pin with chain. Front of pin is decorated with small rubies and seed pearls with a black enameled shield and gold logo. Both fraternity pins belonged to Dr. R. Webb Thomson (1877-1964) from Spartanburg, S.C.
2 x 10.5 x 4.5" Phototherapy."Laryngeal tuberculosis set housed in a black vinyl covered box wood box with green velvet interior. containing stainless steel and mirror parts with laminated instructions. Apparatus would be assembled for use with sunlight to treat tuberculosis."
0.5 x 12 x 3" Irrigation: Irrigator: Douche. Steel instrument with handle and curved probe end with a screw on the side that controls and expandable mechanism. The jets located along the tip allow fluids to be passed into the body for cleansing.
0.75x4.25x2.25". Ophthalmoscopy: Ophthalmoscope."Black leather covered wood case with exterior that reads."Dr. Loring's Ophthalmoscope" and an interior lined with brown velvet. The ophthalmoscope has an ebony handle and is made of metal with glass lenses. The interior reads."To Dr. John L. Dawson. Jr. Prize. PROF. PARKER'S OPHTHALMIC CLINIC. Medical College. State of So. Ca. March 5. 1881" Rubbing away of interior and exterior present."
0.5 x 5.75 x 1". Grasping and fixating:Forceps:Aural. Steel forceps with a prominent curve (bayonet shape) of the long thin arms. The letter Z is engraved into the side of the forceps. This form of the forcep was developed by
0.5 x 0.75 x 1" Clothing: Academic: Ring. MUSC official class ring in 10k gold with the university seal in the center and housed in a black ring box. This official class ring for graduates of MUSC was unveiled in April 2004. The ring was designed by the Student Government and Alumni Association. It is pattered after MUSC class rings dating back to the 1900's.