Letter from Madame Baptiste to Bishop Patrick Lynch with news from the Ursuline Convent and Academy. Madame Baptiste writes that several parents have sent remittances for the school year but she fears "few will be able to return if the war continues." 4p.
Letter from John Lynch to Louisa (?) concerning family news. John writes that he is tired of hearing so little news about the war and he hopes "to see the war ended without a general battle." He also wonders what congress in Washington is doing and expresses hope that they "act with a spirit of wisdom and justice, different from that of Lincoln and his advisers." 4p.
John Lynch writes to Bishop Patrick Lynch about the deteriorating condition of a house on one of the Bishop's plantations and that it is too dangerous for the overseer, Mr. Buff, to continue to live there. 2p.
Madame Baptiste writes to Bishop Patrick Lynch about preparations for the upcoming school year at the Ursuline Academy. She also mentions how the Sisters of Charity in Emmitsburg, Maryland, attempting to help nurse Confederates afflicted with typhoid fever in Virginia, "were refused a passage by Lincoln's men." 4p.
Letter from John Lynch to Bishop Patrick Lynch describing an applicant for an overseer position at one of the Bishop's plantations. John appears to like the man and his qualifications but fears "he might not take a sufficient control over the negroes, if it became necessary to use harsh means." 2p.
Francis Lynch writes to Bishop Patrick Lynch concerning his flourishing shoe business. Francis describes sending 1000 pair of shoes to the Confederate government in addition to those already provided to Col. L. M. Hatch. 3p.
Letter from Francis Lynch to Bishop Patrick Lynch concerning his shoe business. Francis asks the Bishop to collect payment from Colonel Hatch, Quartermaster General, and deposit it in his account in Charleston to cover another note. The Bank of South Carolina has refused Francis' offer to use Confederate bonds to cover the note. 2p.
Letter from Francis Lynch to Bishop Patrick Lynch about business and the Bishop's travel plans. Francis tells the Bishop that his "debts North do not reach $800 so I will not be any great deal inconvenienced by the Sequestration Act." He also hopes the Bishop decides against travelling to Baltimore, fearing that after the publication of the Bishop's letter to the Archbishop, "no plea would serve you in the land of Lincoln." 2p.
Letter from Madame Baptiste to Bishop Patrick Lynch with news from the Ursuline Convent and a proposition to house the Sisters of Mercy from Charleston if they should come to Columbia to nurse the sick soldiers hospitalized there. 4p.
Madame Baptiste writes to Bishop Patrick Lynch with news from the Ursuline Convent and Academy. She writes at length about a troubled sister that she does not want in the Convent, suggesting instead that they pay her board at the local asylum. 4p.
Copy of letter sent from Bishop Patrick Lynch to Francis Lynch. Bishop Lynch writes to Francis concerning a number of Charleston residents who are inquiring about leaving the lowcountry for Cheraw over uncertainty with the war. He also tells Francis to allay their father's fears over a Union invasion of Charleston, likening the panic in the city after the recent fall of Port Royal with that "at Washington, after the battle of Manassas." 4p.