Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: ▲ Title Description
481.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
482.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964. 70 Coming St. on left.
483.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
484.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
485.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
486.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
487.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
488.
Laboratory
Laboratory Unidentified individuals in a laboratory at the College of Charleston.
489.
Lucas House
Lucas House Benjamin Lucas House, 24 Bull St., built circa 1858. House acquired by the College in the 1970's and converted into student residences.
490.
Lucas House
Lucas House Benjamin Lucas House, 24 Bull St., built circa 1858. House acquired by the College in the 1970's and converted into student residences.
491.
Lucas House
Lucas House Benjamin Lucas House, 24 Bull St., built circa 1858. House acquired by the College in the 1970's and converted into student residences.
492.
Marine Resources Library
Marine Resources Library Marine Resources Library, 217 Fort Johnson Rd.
493.
Marine Resources Library
Marine Resources Library Ceremony at Marine Resources Library/Grice Marine Lab, Fort Johnson.
494.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
495.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
496.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
497.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
498.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Exterior of Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
499.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
500.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
More collections: