Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: ▲ Title Description
461.
Hugh P. Cameron House
Hugh P. Cameron House Photograph of the Cameron House, 12 Bull St. Built circa 1851 by merchant Hugh P. Cameron, the house was acquired by the College in 1972 and currently houses the Center for Historic Preservation.
462.
J.C. Long
J.C. Long J.C. Long Building, 9 Liberty St. Built in 1970 to house the Southern Bell Company. Purchased by the College from Charles S. Way in 1986.
463.
James Denton House
James Denton House Photograph of the James Denton House, 26 Coming St., built circa 1798. Originally at 25 St. Philip St., the house was moved here in 1977 by the College to make way for the Thaddeus Street Education Center.
464.
John Scott House
John Scott House The Scott House, 38 Coming St., built circa 1771, is one of two pre-revolutionary houses on campus. It is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St. Photograph depicts the residence before restoration by the College.
465.
John Scott House
John Scott House The Scott House, 38 Coming St., built circa 1771, is one of two pre-revolutionary houses on campus. It is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St.
466.
John Scott House
John Scott House The Scott House, 38 Coming St., built circa 1771, is one of two pre-revolutionary houses on campus. It is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St.
467.
John Scott House
John Scott House The Scott House, 38 Coming St., built circa 1771, is one of two pre-revolutionary houses on campus. It is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St.
468.
John Scott House
John Scott House The Scott House, 38 Coming St., built circa 1771, is one of two pre-revolutionary houses on campus. It is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St. Photograph depicts the residence before restoration by the College.
469.
John Scott House
John Scott House The Scott House, 38 Coming St., built circa 1771, is one of two pre-revolutionary houses on campus. It is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St. Photograph taken during restoration by the College in 1973-1974.
470.
John Scott House
John Scott House The Scott House, 38 Coming St., built circa 1771, is one of two pre-revolutionary houses on campus. It is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St.
471.
John Scott House
John Scott House The Scott House, 38 Coming St., built circa 1771, is one of two pre-revolutionary houses on campus. It is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St. Photograph taken during restoration by the College in 1973-1974.
472.
John Scott House
John Scott House The Scott House, 38 Coming St., built circa 1771, is one of two pre-revolutionary houses on campus. It is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St.
473.
Johnson Center
Johnson Center F. Mitchell Johnson Physical Education Center, 28 George St. Built in 1985, the Johnson Center hosted the College of Charleston basketball teams until 2007.
474.
Jonas Beard House
Jonas Beard House Jonas Beard House, 114 Wentworth St. Built circa 1805 by Jonas Beard on glebe land leased from St. Philip's Church. The College acquired the house in 1975 from the grocery store proprietors who owned the property. The corner entrance was moved to the center of the structure during renovations.
475.
Jonas Beard House
Jonas Beard House Jonas Beard House, 114 Wentworth St. Built circa 1805 by Jonas Beard on glebe land leased from St. Philip's Church. The College acquired the house in 1975 from the grocery store proprietors who owned the property. The corner entrance was moved to the center of the structure during renovations.
476.
Kennedy House
Kennedy House Kennedy House, 26 Glebe St. Built in 1887 as a private residence. Acquired by the College in 1961 from Mrs. E. E. Towell, wife of Dr. Edward Emerson Towell, a former professor, acting president and namesake of Towell Library.
477.
Knox-Lesesne Carriage House
Knox-Lesesne Carriage House Knox-Lesesne Carriage House. On front: "Residence Hall Commons before"; On back: "back of Lesesne House"
478.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
479.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
480.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
More collections: