Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title ▲ Description
341.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
342.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
343.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
344.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
345.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
346.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
347.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
348.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Interior view of Harrison Randolph Hall during restoration.
349.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Interior view of Harrison Randolph Hall during restoration.
350.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Interior view of Harrison Randolph Hall during restoration.
351.
J.C. Long
J.C. Long J.C. Long Building, 9 Liberty St. Built in 1970 to house the Southern Bell Company. Purchased by the College from Charles S. Way in 1986.
352.
Jonas Beard House
Jonas Beard House Jonas Beard House, 114 Wentworth St. Built circa 1805 by Jonas Beard on glebe land leased from St. Philip's Church. The College acquired the house in 1975 from the grocery store proprietors who owned the property. The corner entrance was moved to the center of the structure during renovations.
353.
Jonas Beard House
Jonas Beard House Jonas Beard House, 114 Wentworth St. Built circa 1805 by Jonas Beard on glebe land leased from St. Philip's Church. The College acquired the house in 1975 from the grocery store proprietors who owned the property. The corner entrance was moved to the center of the structure during renovations.
354.
Kennedy House
Kennedy House Kennedy House, 26 Glebe St. Built in 1887 as a private residence. Acquired by the College in 1961 from Mrs. E. E. Towell, wife of Dr. Edward Emerson Towell, a former professor, acting president and namesake of Towell Library.
355.
Knox-Lesesne Carriage House
Knox-Lesesne Carriage House Knox-Lesesne Carriage House. On front: "Residence Hall Commons before"; On back: "back of Lesesne House"
356.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
357.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964. 70 Coming St. on left.
358.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
359.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
360.
Knox-Lesesne House
Knox-Lesesne House Knox-Lesesne House, 14 Green Way. Italianate style home built in 1846 by the widow of Walter Knox who had acquired the lot from the College. Alternately owned by Albert Jones, an African-American politician during Reconstruction, and later, Willie James Lesesne. The College purchased the home from Alberta S. Long in 1964.
More collections: