Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title ▲ Description
281.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Greeting card with view of front of Randolph Hall.
282.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Greeting card with view of front of Randolph Hall.
283.
Robert Scott Small Library
Robert Scott Small Library Groundbreaking ceremony for the Robert Scott Small Library. Individuals with shovels identified as Cussie Johnson and Robert Scott Small with Dean Hill Womble in regalia behind.
284.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Harrison Randolph Hall from St. Philip St.
285.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Harrison Randolph Hall from St. Philip St.
286.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Harrison Randolph Hall from St. Philip St.
287.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Harrison Randolph Hall.
288.
Bookstore
Bookstore Interior of former college bookstore, 181 Calhoun Street, built in 1965. The building currently houses Student Health Services.
289.
Bookstore
Bookstore Interior of former college bookstore, 181 Calhoun Street, built in 1965. The building currently houses Student Health Services.
290.
Bookstore
Bookstore Interior of former college bookstore, 181 Calhoun Street, built in 1965. The building currently houses Student Health Services.
291.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Interior of Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
292.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Interior of Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
293.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Interior of Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
294.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Interior of Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
295.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House Interior of the President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
296.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House Interior of the President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
297.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House Interior of the President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
298.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House Interior of the President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
299.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Interior of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
300.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Interior of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
More collections: