Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title ▲ Description
201.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Door and ceiling detail inside of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
202.
Coming Street
Coming Street Drawing of street elevation of 70 Coming St.
203.
Coming Street
Coming Street Drawing of street elevation of 72 Coming St.
204.
Coming Street
Coming Street Drawing of street elevations of 70 and 72 Coming St.
205.
Early Childhood Development Center
Early Childhood Development Center Early Childhood Development Center, 91-93 Wentworth St. This commercial building was acquired by the college in 1974.
206.
Early Childhood Development Center
Early Childhood Development Center Early Childhood Development Center, 91-93 Wentworth St. This commercial building was acquired by the college in 1974.
207.
Early Childhood Development Center
Early Childhood Development Center Early Childhood Development Center, 91-93 Wentworth St. This commercial building was acquired by the college in 1974.
208.
Early Childhood Development Center
Early Childhood Development Center Early Childhood Development Center, 91-93 Wentworth St. This commercial building was acquired by the college in 1974.
209.
Early Childhood Development Center
Early Childhood Development Center Early Childhood Development Center, 91-93 Wentworth St. This commercial building was acquired by the college in 1974.
210.
Early Childhood Development Center
Early Childhood Development Center Early Childhood Development Center, 91-93 Wentworth St. This commercial building was acquired by the college in 1974.
211.
Early Childhood Development Center
Early Childhood Development Center Early Childhood Development Center, 91-93 Wentworth St. This commercial building was acquired by the college in 1974.
212.
Early Childhood Development Center
Early Childhood Development Center Early Childhood Development Center, 91-93 Wentworth St. This commercial building was acquired by the college in 1974.
213.
Farr House
Farr House Early photograph of the Farr House, 69 Coming St. House was built in 1817 on land given by William Blacklock to his daughter Katherine and her husband Nathaniel Farr. The College acquired the residence in 1974.
214.
Science Center
Science Center East side of the Rita Liddy Hollings Science Center, built in 1974 with an addition in 1987. 5 College Way (Clauss House) on right.
215.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Exterior of Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
216.
Thaddeus Street Education Center
Thaddeus Street Education Center Exterior of the Education Center, 25 St. Philip St. Built in 1980, the indented facade was meant to mimic the streetscape of the historic structures located nearby.
217.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Exterior of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
218.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Exterior of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
219.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Exterior of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
220.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Exterior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
More collections: