Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title ▲ Description
61.
George Street
George Street 74 George St. prior to being shifted 23 feet to make room for Physician's Auditorium in 1972. Built circa 1837.
62.
George Street
George Street 74 George St. prior to being shifted several feet to make room for Physician's Auditorium in 1972. Built circa 1837.
63.
Campus
Campus Aerial view of campus looking southeast near intersection of Coming and Calhoun St. Construction of the Robert Scott Small Library visible middle left.
64.
Campus
Campus Aerial view of campus looking southwest near corner of St. Philip and Calhoun St. Maybank Hall and the Robert Scott Small Library in center.
65.
Campus
Campus Aerial view of campus showing construction of Maybank Hall lower right. Maybank Hall, situated on the College Mall across from the Robert Scott Small Building, was built in 1974 as the main classroom facility on the College campus.
66.
Campus
Campus Aerial view of campus showing construction of Maybank Hall lower right. Maybank Hall, situated on the College Mall across from the Robert Scott Small Building, was built in 1974 as the main classroom facility on the College campus.
67.
Campus
Campus Aerial view of campus showing the recently completed Robert Scott Small Library. Photograph reveals the extent of the clearing of the campus area along Calhoun St. between Coming and St. Philip St.
68.
Campus
Campus Aerial view of the College of Charleston campus in 1971 looking north. Construction of the Robert Scott Small Library visible in upper left. Randolph Hall in center left of photo.
69.
Campus
Campus Aerial view of the College of Charleston campus in 1971. Construction of the Robert Scott Small Library visible in lower left. Buildings due east of library (towards top of photo) razed for Maybank Hall and other construction. College Street, then allowing vehicular traffic, runs on west side of library site. Randolph Hall, with Green St. (also with vehicles) running along its north side, visible on far right.
70.
Physicians Memorial Auditorium
Physicians Memorial Auditorium Architectural sketch of east elevation of Physicians Auditorium adjoining the Science Center.
71.
Clauss House
Clauss House Architectural sketch of the south elevation of Clauss House, 5 College Way. Abiel Bolles opened a female academy on property at 5 College Way and later built 7 and 9 College Way as the school expanded. The College acquired the residences in 1971.
72.
Berry Hall
Berry Hall Artist's rendition of Joe E. Berry Jr. Residence Hall, 80 St. Philip Street, constructed in 1988.
73.
Physicians Auditorium
Physicians Auditorium Artist's rendition of Physicians Auditorium, built in 1974.
74.
Simons Center
Simons Center Artist's rendition of the Albert Simons Center for the Arts, 50 St. Philip St. Built in 1977, the center was named for Charleston architect and fine arts instructor Albert Simons, whose firm designed the building.
75.
Central Energy Plant
Central Energy Plant Artist's rendition of the Central Energy Plant, 78 Coming St., built in 1973 as a utility distribution system for the main campus.
76.
Campus
Campus Artist's rendition of the former parking garage at the corner of George and St. Philip St.
77.
Robert Scott Small Library
Robert Scott Small Library Artist's rendition of the Robert Scott Small Library without wings.
78.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Back yard of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
79.
Barnard Elliott House
Barnard Elliott House Barnard Elliott House, 58 George St. Built in 1803 by planter Barnard Elliott. Purchased by the College in 1971 and restored by Albert Simons. Currently houses the John M. Rivers Communications Museum. Color, 9x13 cm.
80.
Barnard Elliott House
Barnard Elliott House Barnard Elliott House, 58 George St. Built in 1803 by planter Barnard Elliott. Purchased by the College in 1971 and restored by Albert Simons. Currently houses the John M. Rivers Communications Museum. Color, 9 1/2x9 cm.
More collections: