Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title ▼ Description
161.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Side view of front of Randolph Hall through the Pi Kappa Phi Memorial gate.
162.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Side view of front of Randolph Hall through the Pi Kappa Phi Memorial gate.
163.
Stern Student Center
Stern Student Center Sculpture of a cat inside the Stern Student Center.
164.
Stern Student Center
Stern Student Center Sculpture of a cat inside the Stern Student Center.
165.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Scoreboard in the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
166.
Rutledge Rivers Residence Hall
Rutledge Rivers Residence Hall Rutledge Rivers Residence Hall, 15 College Way. Rutledge Rivers Residence Hall was built in 1973 as a complement to the adjacent Buist Rivers Residence Hall.
167.
Rutledge Rivers Residence Hall
Rutledge Rivers Residence Hall Rutledge Rivers Residence Hall, 15 College Way, from site of future wing of the Robert Scott Small Library. Rutledge Rivers Residence Hall was built in 1973 as a complement to the adjacent Buist Rivers Residence Hall.
168.
Sottile House
Sottile House Rooftop view of the Wilson-Sottile House, 11 College Way. This Queen Anne style home was built in 1891 by Charleston entrepreneur Samuel Wilson and was later owned by James Sottile, Albert Sottile and Albert's daughter, Mrs. J. C. Long. The College acquired the mansion in 1964.
169.
Buist Rivers Residence Hall
Buist Rivers Residence Hall Rooftop photograph during the construction of Buist Rivers Residence Hall, 13 College Way. Built in 1967, this four story residence hall is named after G.L. Buist Rivers, a 1916 graduate of the College and former president of the board of trustees.
170.
Science Center
Science Center Rita Liddy Hollings Science Center, 58 Coming St. The Science Center was completed in 1974 with an addition added in 1987.
171.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Rear view of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
172.
Aiken House
Aiken House Rear of Governor William Aiken House, 10 Green Way, during renovation.
173.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Rear facade of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
174.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Rear facade of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St, with porches missing. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
175.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
176.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
177.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
178.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
179.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
180.
Bishop Robert Smith House
Bishop Robert Smith House President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
More collections: