Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: ▼ Title Description
141.
Sottile House
Sottile House Stylish photograph of the fence in front of the Wilson-Sottile House, 11 College Way.
142.
Sottile House
Sottile House Photograph of yard of the Wilson-Sottile House, 11 College Way, before renovation. This Queen Anne style home was built in 1891 by Charleston entrepreneur Samuel Wilson and was later owned by James Sottile, Albert Sottile and Albert's daughter, Mrs. J. C. Long. The College acquired the mansion in 1964. Erckmann House, 9 College Way, visible in background.
143.
Sottile House
Sottile House Photograph of side yard of the Wilson-Sottile House, 11 College Way, before renovation. This Queen Anne style home was built in 1891 by Charleston entrepreneur Samuel Wilson and was later owned by James Sottile, Albert Sottile and Albert's daughter, Mrs. J. C. Long. The College acquired the mansion in 1964. Side of Buist Rivers Residence Hall visible in background.
144.
Sottile House
Sottile House Photograph of the Wilson-Sottile House, 11 College Way. This Queen Anne style home was built in 1891 by Charleston entrepreneur Samuel Wilson and was later owned by James Sottile, Albert Sottile and Albert's daughter, Mrs. J. C. Long. The College acquired the mansion in 1964.
145.
Simons Center
Simons Center Photograph of the Albert Simons Center for the Arts, 50 St. Philip St. Built in 1977, the center was named for Charleston architect and fine arts instructor Albert Simons, whose firm designed the building.
146.
Simons Center
Simons Center Artist's rendition of the Albert Simons Center for the Arts, 50 St. Philip St. Built in 1977, the center was named for Charleston architect and fine arts instructor Albert Simons, whose firm designed the building.
147.
Simons Center
Simons Center Photograph of the Albert Simons Center for the Arts, 50 St. Philip St. Built in 1977, the center was named for Charleston architect and fine arts instructor Albert Simons, whose firm designed the building.
148.
Simons Center
Simons Center Photograph of the Albert Simons Center for the Arts, 50 St. Philip St., during construction. Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way, visible on left across St. Philip St.
149.
Simons Center
Simons Center Photograph of the construction of the Albert Simons Center for the Arts, 50 St. Philip St. Built in 1977, the center was named for Charleston architect and fine arts instructor Albert Simons, whose firm designed the building.
150.
Simons Center
Simons Center Photograph of the Albert Simons Center for the Arts, 50 St. Philip St. Built in 1977, the center was named for Charleston architect and fine arts instructor Albert Simons, whose firm designed the building.
151.
Simons Center
Simons Center Photograph of the Albert Simons Center for the Arts, 50 St. Philip St. Built in 1977, the center was named for Charleston architect and fine arts instructor Albert Simons, whose firm designed the building.
152.
Simons Center
Simons Center Photograph of the Albert Simons Center for the Arts, 50 St. Philip St. Built in 1977, the center was named for Charleston architect and fine arts instructor Albert Simons, whose firm designed the building.
153.
Simons Center
Simons Center Photograph of the Albert Simons Center for the Arts, 50 St. Philip St. Built in 1977, the center was named for Charleston architect and fine arts instructor Albert Simons, whose firm designed the building.
154.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Tennis courts behind the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
155.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Scoreboard in the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
156.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Tennis courts behind the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
157.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Photograph of students at lunch in the Silcox Center before the College constructed Craig Cafeteria. A curtain visible in a similar photograph suggests they are eating on the stage in the old gymnasium.
158.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Tennis courts behind the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
159.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Photograph of students at lunch in the Silcox Center before the College constructed Craig Cafeteria. The curtain visible on the left suggests they are eating on the stage in the old gymnasium.
160.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Exterior of the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
More collections: