Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title ▼ Description
121.
John Scott House
John Scott House The Scott House, 38 Coming St., built circa 1771, is one of two pre-revolutionary houses on campus. It is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St.
122.
John Scott House
John Scott House The Scott House, 38 Coming St., built circa 1771, is one of two pre-revolutionary houses on campus. It is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St.
123.
John Scott House
John Scott House The Scott House, 38 Coming St., built circa 1771, is one of two pre-revolutionary houses on campus. It is one of several student residences and sororities on Coming St.
124.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall The Ephraim M. Baynard plaque in Harrison Randolph Hall at the College of Charleston.
125.
Ball Park
Ball Park The College of Charleston's old ball park at Hampton Park. Black and white, 11x20cm.
126.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge The "Honorable Robert", college janitor, standing under Porters Lodge, 66 George St, circa 1930. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
127.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Tennis courts behind the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
128.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Tennis courts behind the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
129.
Silcox Center
Silcox Center Tennis courts behind the Willard A. Silcox Physical Education and Health Center, 20 George St. Built in 1939 as a WPA project, it served as the Athletic Center until 1985.
130.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
131.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
132.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
133.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
134.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
135.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
136.
Martindale-Bell House
Martindale-Bell House Taxi Cab accident damage to Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
137.
Sottile House
Sottile House Stylish photograph of the fence in front of the Wilson-Sottile House, 11 College Way.
138.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Students walking through Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
139.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Students walking through Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
140.
Stern Student Center
Stern Student Center Students lined up in the garden area behind the Theodore S. Stern Student Center, 71 George St. The Rivers House, 40 Coming St., in center of photograph.
More collections: