Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: ▼ Title Description
61.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
62.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
63.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of the interior of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972. Photograph taken after its conversion to a resource learning center after the completion of the Robert Scott Small Library.
64.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
65.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Tennis court visible on cistern yard at bottom right of photograph. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
66.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
67.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
68.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
69.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
70.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
71.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of two individuals in Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
72.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of the interior of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
73.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of two students on steps of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
74.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
75.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
76.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Tennis court visible on cistern yard at bottom right of photograph. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
77.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
78.
Towell Library
Towell Library Photograph of Towell Library, built circa 1856. Designed by George Walker and named after professor Edward Emerson Towell, the building served as the College library until 1972.
79.
Thompson-Muller House
Thompson-Muller House Thompson-Muller House, 20 Glebe St., from construction lot of the Stern Student Center. Considered the house that "broke the glebe" of St. Philip's Episcopal church. Built circa 1846 and purchased by the College in 1971 from the Muller family, direct descendents of Mrs. Christiana Durkopp Kruse who originally purchased the lot.
80.
Thompson-Muller House
Thompson-Muller House Thompson-Muller House, 20 Glebe St. Considered the house that "broke the glebe" of St. Philip's Episcopal church. Built circa 1846 and purchased by the College in 1971 from the Muller family, direct descendents of Mrs. Christiana Durkopp Kruse who originally purchased the lot.
More collections: