Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: ▼ Title Description
1.
William Johnson House
William Johnson House Photograph of William Johnson House, 107 Wentworth St. Built circa 1858, it was acquired by the College in 1973 for use as a fraternity.
2.
Wentworth Street
Wentworth Street Photograph of 99 Wentworth St., one of several fraternity houses along the street. 99 and 101 Wentworth were built by the Queen Investment Company circa 1900 and acquired by the College in 1974.
3.
Wentworth Street
Wentworth Street Photograph of 99 Wentworth St., one of several fraternity houses along the street. 99 and 101 Wentworth were built by the Queen Investment Company circa 1900 and acquired by the College in 1974.
4.
Wentworth Street
Wentworth Street Photograph of the renovation of 101 Wentworth St., one of several fraternity houses along the street. 99 and 101 Wentworth were built by the Queen Investment Company circa 1900 and acquired by the College in 1974.
5.
Wentworth Street
Wentworth Street Photograph of 103 Wentworth St., one of several fraternity houses along the street. 103 and 105 Wentworth were built by the Mutual Real Estate Company in 1910 and acquired by the College in 1974.
6.
Wentworth Street
Wentworth Street View of lot along Wentworth St.
7.
Wentworth Street
Wentworth Street Photograph of the College fraternities along 99-105 Wentworth St.
8.
Wentworth Street
Wentworth Street Photograph of 97 Wentworth St., built circa 1910. Acquired by the College in 1974 and converted to a fraternity house.
9.
Wentworth Street
Wentworth Street Photograph of the College fraternities along 99-105 Wentworth St.
10.
Wentworth Street
Wentworth Street Photograph of 105 Wentworth St., one of several fraternity houses along the street. 103 and 105 Wentworth were built by the Mutual Real Estate Company in 1910 and acquired by the College in 1974.
11.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the Robert Scott Small Library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
12.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way, during renovation. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the Robert Scott Small Library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
13.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the Robert Scott Small Library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
14.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way, before renovation and relocation. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the Robert Scott Small Library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
15.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way, during construction of the Robert Scott Small Library. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the new library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
16.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way, during construction of the Robert Scott Small Library. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the new library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
17.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the Robert Scott Small Library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
18.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way, during construction of the Robert Scott Small Library. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the new library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
19.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the Robert Scott Small Library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
20.
Unidentified
Unidentified Photograph of unidentified student filling out paperwork at the College of Charleston.
More collections: