Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title ▼ Description
1.
Rivers House
Rivers House William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St, with newly constructed Stern Student Center visible on left. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971.
2.
Rivers House
Rivers House William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St, with newly constructed Stern Student Center visible in background. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971.
3.
Rivers House
Rivers House William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971.
4.
Rivers House
Rivers House William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St. Building visible on left removed during construction of the Stern Student Center. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971.
5.
Rivers House
Rivers House William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971. Photograph appears to show demolition of rear portion of house.
6.
Rivers House
Rivers House William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971.
7.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Wallpaper detail inside of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
8.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the Robert Scott Small Library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
9.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the Robert Scott Small Library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
10.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the Robert Scott Small Library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
11.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the Robert Scott Small Library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
12.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way, during renovation. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the Robert Scott Small Library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
13.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way, during construction of the Robert Scott Small Library. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the new library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
14.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way, during construction of the Robert Scott Small Library. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the new library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
15.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way, during construction of the Robert Scott Small Library. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the new library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
16.
Wagener House
Wagener House Wagener House, 6 Green Way, before renovation and relocation. Built circa 1817 and nearly demolished in 1971 to make way for the Robert Scott Small Library. Three women alumnae of the College prevented its destruction. It is believed to be named after Hancke F. Wagener, a professor of languages in the late 1800's.
17.
Glebe Street
Glebe Street Vista showing 20 (Thompson-Muller House), 16, 14 and 12 Glebe St.
18.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge View through the main arch of Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
19.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge View through the main arch of Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
20.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge View through side gate of Porters Lodge.
More collections: