Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title ▲ Description
261.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Front view of Randolph Hall.
262.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Front view of Randolph Hall.
263.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Garden reception for the Spanish sailing vessel the Juan Sebastian de Elcano at the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
264.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Gate at Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
265.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Gazebo at the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
266.
Gloria Theatre
Gloria Theatre George St. facade (rear of photo) of Gloria Theatre. The theatre, with a King St. entrance, was built in 1928 by Albert Sottile and acquired by the College in 1974. It was restored in 1993 and is known now as the Sottile Theatre with an entrance at 44 George St.
267.
Gloria Theatre
Gloria Theatre George St. facade of Gloria Theatre. The theatre, with a King St. entrance, was built in 1928 by Albert Sottile and acquired by the College in 1974. It was restored in 1993 and is known now as the Sottile Theatre with an entrance at 44 George St.
268.
Gloria Theatre
Gloria Theatre George St. facade of Gloria Theatre. The theatre, with a King St. entrance, was built in 1928 by Albert Sottile and acquired by the College in 1974. It was restored in 1993 and is known now as the Sottile Theatre with an entrance at 44 George St.
269.
Gloria Theatre
Gloria Theatre George St. facade of Gloria Theatre. The theatre, with a King St. entrance, was built in 1928 by Albert Sottile and acquired by the College in 1974. It was restored in 1993 and is known now as the Sottile Theatre with an entrance at 44 George St.
270.
Science Center
Science Center George Street entrance of the Rita Liddy Hollings Science Center, built in 1974 with an addition in 1987.
271.
Aiken House
Aiken House Governor William Aiken House, 10 Green Way. Built by Aiken in 1841 as a rental unit. Renovated by the College in 1971-1972. Its twin at 8 Green Way was demolished to make room for the Robert Scott Small library. Black and white, 13x18 cm.
272.
Aiken House
Aiken House Governor William Aiken House, 10 Green Way. Built by Aiken in 1841 as a rental unit. Renovated by the college in 1971-1972. Its twin at 8 Green Way was demolished to make room for the Robert Scott Small library. Black and white, 20 1/2x25 cm.
273.
Aiken House
Aiken House Governor William Aiken House, 10 Green Way. Built by Aiken in 1841 as a rental unit. Renovated by the College in 1971-1972. Its twin at 8 Green Way was demolished to make room for the Robert Scott Small library.
274.
Aiken House
Aiken House Governor William Aiken House, 10 Green Way. Built by Aiken in 1841 as a rental unit. Renovated by the college in 1971-1972. Its twin at 8 Green Way was demolished to make room for the Robert Scott Small library. Black and white, 20 1/2x25 cm.
275.
Aiken House
Aiken House Governor William Aiken House, 10 Green Way. Built by Aiken in 1841 as a rental unit. Renovated by the College in 1971-1972. Its twin at 8 Green Way was demolished to make room for the Robert Scott Small library. Color, 13x18 cm.
276.
Aiken House
Aiken House Governor William Aiken House, 10 Green Way. Built by Aiken in 1841 as a rental unit. Renovated by the college in 1971-1972. Its twin at 8 Green Way was demolished to make room for the Robert Scott Small library. Black and white, 12 1/2x17 cm.
277.
Graves House
Graves House Graves House, 36 Coming St. Built in 1842 by planter Charles Graves and acquired by the College in 1974. One of several Coming St. houses used by Greek organizations.
278.
Graves House
Graves House Graves House, 36 Coming St. Built in 1842 by planter Charles Graves and acquired by the College in 1974. One of several Coming St. houses used by Greek organizations.
279.
Graves House
Graves House Graves House, 36 Coming St. Built in 1842 by planter Charles Graves and acquired by the College in 1974. One of several Coming St. houses used by Greek organizations.
280.
Graves House
Graves House Graves House, 36 Coming St. Built in 1842 by planter Charles Graves and acquired by the College in 1974. One of several Coming St. houses used by Greek organizations.
More collections: