Lowcountry Digital Library © 2009 Lowcountry Digital Librarypowered by CONTENTdm®

preferenceshelpabout uscontact us
homebrowseadvanced search my favorites

This is the old Lowcountry Digital Library.
Please visit our NEW WEBSITE HERE http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu for all of this content and more!

College of Charleston Photographs

 Sort by: Title ▲ Description
121.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Carriage tour stopped in front of Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
122.
Blacklock House
Blacklock House Ceiling detail inside the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
123.
Marine Resources Library
Marine Resources Library Ceremony at Marine Resources Library/Grice Marine Lab, Fort Johnson.
124.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Circa 1920's? view of Randolph Hall. Written on back of photograph: "Gift, Willard Silcox, May 1960."
125.
Classrooms and Labs
Classrooms and Labs Circa 1978 photograph of math professor Hugh Haynsworth (right) with students working on a computer.
126.
Thaddeus Street Education Center
Thaddeus Street Education Center Classroom inside the Education Center, 25 St. Philip St, built in 1980.
127.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Close up of front of Randolph Hall.
128.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Close up of front of Randolph Hall.
129.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Close up of front of Randolph Hall.
130.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Close up of front of Randolph Hall. Two students seated on the cistern.
131.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Close up of portico columns on Randolph Hall.
132.
College Mall
College Mall Close-up of fountain outside Randolph Hall on College Mall.
133.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Close-up of front of Randolph Hall.
134.
Randolph Hall
Randolph Hall Close-up of front portico of Randolph Hall.
135.
College Mall
College Mall Close-up of gates at entrance to College Mall from Calhoun street. The gates, a gift of the class of 1968, contain the Latin phrase "haec olim meminisse juvabit" or "someday we will remember this favorably." Robert Scott Small Library on right, Maybank Hall on left.
136.
College Mall
College Mall Close-up of gates at entrance to College Mall from Calhoun street. The gates, a gift of the class of 1968, contain the Latin phrase "haec olim meminisse juvabit" or "someday we will remember this favorably." Robert Scott Small Library on right.
137.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Close-up of main gate at Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
138.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Close-up of one of the side gates at Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
139.
Porters Lodge
Porters Lodge Close-up of one of the side gates at Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
140.
Sottile House
Sottile House Close-up of oval window on the Wilson-Sottile House, 11 College Way. This Queen Anne style home was built in 1891 by Charleston entrepreneur Samuel Wilson and was later owned by James Sottile, Albert Sottile and Albert's daughter, Mrs. J. C. Long. The College acquired the mansion in 1964.
More collections: